We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs.
We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time at the exam for complimentary diagnostic x-rays. Once you are ready to begin treatment, the next appointment will be initial records, that includes photos and impressions. Impressions are used for study models and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan. This additional appointment will last approximately 30 minutes.
What To Expect
During the initial examination for each patient, Dr. Flanagan will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we may need to address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
If the treatment plan requires further attention, we will then schedule a consultation visit to discuss treatment options, time frames, and financial arrangements. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of, and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months with your general dentist.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.